Today I played basketball with my newfound friends. I played the first five minutes and then asked for a time-out. I even asked for a substitution. I was embarrassed but I could no longer breath. It's been years since I played the game.
A lot of them played very well. These guys have talents. I don't. Mine were just skills. Learned through hardwork. I have been playing this game for years but I never really tried harder to excel on it.
I had fun playing today. This is gonna hurt for a couple of days but that's alright.
I'm looking forward to our next games this saturday.....
November 13, 2004
Got the Skills, Not the Talent
November 13, 2004
at
1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Edward,
Just leaving one of my favorite quotes:
"It is never too late to become what we could have been."—George Eliot
eLf
Post a Comment